What is your weakness in SL?

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Pose Makers RULE!!!

Anabella Ravinelli fired up a spark in me! How often do you see posemakers credited on Flickr or on blogs? How about in a fashion show? Hardly ever! I am starting a pact -- we need to credit those hardworking posemakers! Read this post for more info and interesting things.

Okay, Ana's Pose Off show with Sophisticated Secrets Modeling Agency (SSMA) and Fashion Palace (FP) really said something to me. Posemakers are often left behind the scenes, or hidden under a bunch of clothes, skin, jewelry, and hair. How often at a fashion show, does the emcee say who made each pose the model uses? -- I don't think ever. Well...never until Ana made that happen with the Pose Off show at SSMA! Hat's off to Ana, for doing this. I know those posemakers you featured really appreciate it. She featured great ones too, BehaviorBody, KMADD, Morgane Batista, and much more.

I was reminded of my passion to credit posemakers when I got on my FabFash kick, ya know, the awesome SLTV show on TreetTV, Fabulous Fashion with Angie Mornington? Well, out of interest (and boredom) I was watching old episodes of Fabulous Fashion. Snag a link here. On one from about a month ago, back when the Pose Fair was going on...btw a great event, and you can learn more about how they showed the world animation makers! Anyways, Angie interviewed Dove Swanson of Long Awkward Pose, Katey Coppola of Glitterati, and Elle Kirshner of Pulling Strings. They talked about the Pose Fair 2010, and about how posemakers were really undercredited. It was a great episode, I strongly suggest you watch it here.

Lastly, Dove Swanson, of Long Awkward Pose aka [LAP] is giving away a FREE pose pack to bloggers who credit posemakers or who use [LAP] poses and credit them. Now, I'm not getting all up on my soapbox with this pact because I want free poses...nothing like that at all. I strongly believe that posemakers are undercredited and deserve being credited like models, photographers, hair makers, etc. are. Let them come out of the shadows and bask in the light! They deserve it! It is not easy work.

Thank you for reading this, and I really hope I convinced you to start crediting posemakers.

It's My Way,
Marissa Bruun

2 comments:

  1. Wooot!! I'm behind you on this one for sure! Thanks so much for the comments Marissa and I hope more people continue to give credit to the incredible talents of those pose makers who we could not model without!
    -Ana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ana! Thanks for the comment, and for the inspiration :) *hugs*

    Rissa

    ReplyDelete